Why should you consider to convert to compressed natural gas? If you are in need to have a Ford F150 CNG tank replacement, click the link. According to the Natural Gas Vehicles for America, there are now over 320,000 vehicles in the United States that run on compressed natural gas. Around the world, there are now more than 8.7 million natural gas vehicles or NGVs. And these numbers will continue to rise as compressed natural gas increasingly becomes the alternative fuel of choice. But what made almost 9 million vehicle owners all over the world decide to choose CNG vehicles over traditional? Let’s take a look at 5 of the best reasons why compressed natural gas should be your choice too.
- Compressed natural gas is ECO-FRIENDLY? Engines running on CNG produce less hydrocarbon exhaust emissions than gasoline-fueled engines. In fact, compared to cars fueled by gasoline or diesel, natural gas vehicles produce 70% less carbon monoxide (CO), 87% less non-methane organic gas (NMOG), 87% less nitrogen oxide (NOx) and 20% less carbon dioxide (CO2). And although natural gas vehicles do emit methane, one of the principal greenhouse gases, the methane emission is offset by the significant reduction in CO2 emissions.
- Compressed Natural Gas is SAFE? CNG is stored in spherical or cylindrical compressed natural gas tanks (CNG Tanks) that are much stronger than gasoline fuel tanks. In case of an accident, CNG will dissipate into the atmosphere unlike gasoline, which pools in the ground and becomes a dangerous fire hazard. CNG also has a narrower range of flammability, which means that natural gas will not burn in concentrations in air that is below 5% and above 15%. In addition, natural gas is not toxic or corrosive. And because any leaks dissipate into the atmosphere instead of the ground, CNG will not contaminate ground water.
- Compressed Natural Gas is EFFICIENT – Since natural gas is 90% methane, it has a substantially higher octane rating compared to gasoline. This allows for higher compression ratios that make the engines running on CNG significantly more efficient. Also, because CNG is a clean-burning fuel, it causes less wear and tear on the engine. This results to longer engine life and more savings from maintenance costs such as tune-ups and oil/ spark plug changes.
- Compressed Natural Gas COSTS LESS? Natural gas costs significantly less than either gasoline or diesel. In fact, CNG is available at a third of the price of gasoline on average. Also, the prices of natural gas are less volatile compared to oil prices. This stability makes long term cost planning easier. Reduction in engine wear and tear due to the clean burning characteristic of natural gas also helps NGV owners save up on expensive tune-ups, parts replacements and oil changes.
- Compressed Natural Gas is ABUNDANT and READILY AVAILABLE – The United States has an abundant supply of natural gas. There is also an extensive, well-established network of gas pipelines distributing natural gas to several areas in the country. Also, there are now more than 1,300 CNG fueling stations across the US with more being built everyday. This makes CNG use convenient as NGV owners have easy access to natural gas fueling stations.
With these five top reasons, it’s easy to see why CNG is an excellent alternative to petroleum-based fuels. Making the switch to CNG is easy even if you currently own a gasoline or diesel vehicle. CNG United exclusively offers the best conversion systems on the market- Auto Gaz the world leader of consistent top quality CNG systems. We have an AG system to match most any vehicle from Ford – Chevy, Mazda – BMW, GMC – Volkswagon , AG systems will handle it.